Most Wanted Asian Upcoming DVDs

Discussion on all things DVD and Blu-Ray related

Re: Most Wanted Asian Upcoming DVDs

Postby Ryuk on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Wonder if Crows Zero and Crows Zero 2 will be released here in the UK... it seems like most of the time we get short changed in favour of more obscure titles. For instance, a lot of the newer asian release titles. I've still yet to see Invisible Target over here or even Drunken Master 2!! How long has that been out? the US gets a release but we don't? Anyway I suppose I should be happy that Cine Asia are slowly but surely releasing some of these titles like Killzone (although I own the original HKDVD of Sha Po Lang) and the Shinjuku Incident.
忘れないから
"Wasurenai Kara"
I won't forget you

Films to watch: 240... X_X (It's a habit...buy it, revel in it, never watch it, leave it, buy another...)
Ryuk
Bronson Lee
Bronson Lee

Postby Phil on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:29 pm

I imagine that 'Invisible Target' will get a release now that Cine Asia have picked up a lot of the Dragon Dynasty titles, but I have no idea why someone hasn't picked up the Crows Zero flicks. As for 'Drunken Master 2', I guess there's a chance we'll get the 'Legend Of The Drunken Master' edit if it gets put onto Blu-Ray but I wouldn't hold your breath.
"...the root of Man's problems is memory. Without a past, every day would be a new beginning" - Ashes Of Time
Phil
Demon Cutter
Demon Cutter

Postby Ryuk on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:36 pm

Hopefully yeah. I'm still miffed on the Drunken Master 2 situation. I suppose I could just buy it from eBay, but it's very hard to track down and not too cheap either. I'm not going to get the Region 1 release as I heard it was cut and dubbed which is not what I'm after really. Well we got Sukiyaki Western Django by Miike too, so I see no reason why we shouldn't get Crows Zero either. I do have an unhealthy obsession with all things japanese and this film would be a welcome addition to my collection.
忘れないから
"Wasurenai Kara"
I won't forget you

Films to watch: 240... X_X (It's a habit...buy it, revel in it, never watch it, leave it, buy another...)
Ryuk
Bronson Lee
Bronson Lee

Previous

Return to DVD And Blu-Ray Discussion